You can recognize you’re dating a free software guy by:
- You know what Linux is (and not from reading the newspaper).
- You start to recognize names of free software projects.
- He can chat with you in whatever AIM you use (gTalk, MSN, ICQ…), and can do that simultaneously.
- When you say windows, he mumbles something.
- You started using Firefox.
- You suddenly realize that the internet has a lot of standards (and a lot of application/websites not using them).
- You started attending open source conferences.
And the #1 way is:
- Google returns more accurate reasults about your name and linux than only about your name.
Feel free to add other methods…
For the more advanced couples:
- You start using Linux (dual boot or just Linux)
- You start translate / document free software applications.